Tuesday, May 26, 2009
The reason for the reminder

Sunday was a significant day, I'd say.

Firstly, the message preached was about Abraham being a father a faith. It was never easy for Abraham but because of his encounter with God--God providing Isaac at his old age--that he really believe 'My God can do all things'. Like us, Abraham struggled; he doubted. But he pressed on & chose to believe.

Next, I went for a foot reflexology treatment after church. Interestingly, God planted this lady who did the treatment for me a topic to talk about. She spoke about Christianity. She is a Buddhist. From our conversation, she really respects Christians. I shared with her a little on how God is a God of grace and how real God can be. But my Mandarin is limited; I hope she understood what I meant.

From these 2 incidents, I believe God is teaching me to look back & remember His goodness. Life's journey is never smooth & right now, I'm seriously thinking why do I toil so much when I (still) have no idea why God put me there for. But one thing's for sure, & He wants me to remember: that He was there to bring me through & He will do the same. Well, I know it's easier said than done, it will be another thing to press on & choose to believe.

Lord, I know You never fail to hear the cry of my heart. Help me, Lord. Help me to press on & believe that You will see me through, that You will send help when I'm sinking. Help my little faith & bring me to the next level You want me to be. Help me to drown in You. In Jesus' name. Amen.


On 12:31 am, Cheryl lays it all at the feet of Jesus.