Monday, May 18, 2009
The parable of the reason for running

A friend asked me some time ago why I run. My answer: "Just run lor." Haha, honestly I run for the sake of running; I run because I join the marathons & hence I have to train for them.

But that was not the original intention. Somehow I recalled the reason for running is because I want to build up my lung capacity for the sake of singing. I have to confess that I'm not a good singer. I want to improve & it has to start somewhere. So in order to learn to hold my breath longer, I decided to run. Yup, run. :D

Okay, so what is the parable? Thank God for teaching. Well, many times we are so used to doing what we have to do that we lose track the original intention. It has become routine, maybe even boring, that we just want to achieve the results & that's it. This is really sad.

Have we forgotten the dreams God planted in our hearts? Are we still running after it or have we lose it along the way? These are some of the questions I have to answer myself. But no worries, God would be glad we (I) finally understand & He will be most glad to inspire us again & fire up the passion inside of us. Keep it burning! ;)


On 12:49 pm, Cheryl lays it all at the feet of Jesus.