Wednesday, June 27, 2007
What God revealed through Evan Almighty

Evan Almighty
Yes, I watched the show before it is released :p

Well, I encourage you all to watch it, that may God speak to each individual in a special way.

What I've learnt as I watched the show:
  1. When God asks us to do something to fulfill His plan, even if you said no & try to run away, God will bring you back. Think the Exodus event of walking in the desert for 40 years & Jonah running away from God's will. He is not being unreasonable, but because He is God, He knows what's best for each of us. He said: "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, .. As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it." (Isaiah 55:8-11)
  2. The world will laugh at you but you have to remain strong & continue to fix your eyes on God & trust God. God does not see what the world sees. The whole world may go against you but you have to stay put on God, not being shaken. Jesus was ridiculed for claiming to be of equal status as God. Now we all know He is. He is resurrected, sitting on the right hand of the throne of God. And all in Jesus' name we pray, He intercedes to the Father on our behalf.
  3. Families are to stand hand in hand, side by side. This is the best support we can get when we face oppositions everywhere. God gives us family & we should edify one another, just as it is in the body of Christ.
  4. God's promises are always 'yes' & 'Amen'! God promises He will not send another flood from heaven: "... And never again will I destroy all living creatures, as I have done." (Genesis 8:21) He sealed the promise by giving us rainbow, to remember of His promise. This pointer applies to everything He promised or will be promising us... Past & future... Watch Evan Almighty to find out more. :p


On 12:37 pm, Cheryl lays it all at the feet of Jesus.