Friday, March 01, 2013
Love Dare

It's been some time since I last blogged. Nevertheless, God has been very faithful, and I'm thankful that my faith in Him is still strong. Praise the Lord!

Many things happened since my last post in November 2011. We got married (as mentioned in one of my earlier posts, I moved into his parents' place, and as a wife, I've been trying to make dinner every weekday. And as newly weds, there are many things we have to learn and to be accustomed to. One of the things is, we've been trying to start our devotion together. It was when I stumbled upon this book called "Love Dare" from the movie, Courageous, that somehow I knew, this is it! :)

We started our Day 1 today, on a new month. Titled "Love is the greatest of these", the key verse is taken from 1 Corinthians 13:2: "And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing."

Love is the essence of Christianity. God loves us that He is willing to sacrifice His only Son to die on the cross to redeem our sin. This love bridges all barriers and breaks us from all bondage; this love removes all sin and brings us to God; this love calls us to be His children.

The devotion ends with this week's dare: 'Begin praying this week: "Lord, teach me what real love is and make me a loving person."' Even though we know that real love is the kind of love God has given us, let us open our hearts and be teachable, and allow God to mould us to be a loving person. And when you ask according to His will, He hears us (1 John 5:14). Amen!

Labels:



On 9:15 am, Cheryl lays it all at the feet of Jesus.